Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Red Door

Last year, I noticed this old red door in my neighbor's yard. I instantly fell in love with the color and the carved panels! So when she sold it in a yard sale, it was to me, of course! It used to be her front door...

There are so many things you can do with old doors, like using them for tables, headboards or wall decor. I even thought about hanging it horizontally from the ceiling at the top of my staircase (still contemplating doing this!!). In the meantime, since we frequently entertain outdoors , I really needed a table outside for food service. My in-laws came to visit last weekend, so I set it up on two sawhorses, and there you go - instant table for serving food!



Of course, it still needs to be sanded down in spots and have the hinges removed, but I love it!!

5 comments:

  1. That’s so marvelous! I love the door’s color and how you used it. You definitely made a table out of it. Don’t forget to remove those hinges, and smoothen the edges by sanding it. Also, do remember to take safety precautions :)
    - Otis Kunkle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on repurposing that door! That red door, or should we call it “table”, is really the center of attention. By the way, don’t forget to remove those hinges and use sanding paper to make it smooth.
    - Leif Clancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to go with Leif Clancy here. The way you repurposed that door is really smashing! I never knew that doors can also be used to make a table. You really are a resourceful one!
    - Sol Hendricks

    ReplyDelete