Friday, December 16, 2011

You Light Up My Life: Table Lamps

Nothing helps set a mood in a room more than lighting!
Every room should have ambient (overhead) lighting as well as task lighting (table and/or floor lamps). I was shopping for a table lamp for my living room a few weeks ago and wanted to share a few examples that will hopefully inspire you.




















Here are a few helpful tips you can use when shopping for lamps and lamp shades:

1. Make sure the lamp shade is proportional to the lamp base: The height of the shade should be approximately 2/3 the height of the lamp base. The width of the shade should be approximately double the width of the lamp base.
2. All of the lamp hardware should be hidden.
3. In general, round shades look better if you have a round base and square shades look better if you have a square base. (Note - there are exceptions to this!)

That's my two cents worth for today...I know I've been MIA for a while. I promise it's full on holiday craziness around here! I have all of these lofty plans about posts to share and by the time dinner is done and the boys are finally in bed...well, you know how it is.
I'm going to get my act together so look for these posts in upcoming weeks: Eclectic Christmas Ornaments, O Christmas Tree!, and Holiday Decorating. Also, I'm working on a major overhaul to our downstairs area and I'm going to share it with you...! Stay tuned, and in the meantime, Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

  1. These wonderful choices make it hard for me decide which table lamp will fit our study room. It’s been weeks and still I can’t decide which one to purchase! Anyway, thanks for another set of awe-inspiring table lamps! I hope I can purchase one before the end of the month.

    -Santiago Mills

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Santiago! Hope you find just the right one!

    ReplyDelete